- Children Under the Age of 18
- Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
- How We Use Your Information
- Disclosure of Your Information
- No Opting Out
- Your California Privacy Rights
- Data Security
- Contact Information
This Policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when: (i) visit the website rideonmiami.com (our “Website”) or any of its subdomains; (ii) use our mobile app [RideOnMiami] (the “App”); or (iii) you rent an electric bike through our local kiosks, Website or App, or interact with us via email, text, and other electronic messages (collectively, the “Service”) (the Website, the App and the Service are collectively referred to as, the “Platform”). In addition this Policy describes our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and sharing the information we collect from you or that you provide. The terms governing your use of our Services are defined in our Rental Agreement Release of Liability and Voluntary Assumption of Risk
This Policy does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on other websites or apps operated by Company or any third party.
- any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website or through the App.
Our Platform, and particularly our Service, is not intended for children under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any information through the Platform. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information through the Platform or on or through any of its features or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us at email@example.com.
You can access and browse our Website or App without registering. If you want to access certain features of the Website or App you need to register for an account and provide certain personal information as described below.
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Platform, including:
- personal information by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline;
- information that is about you but individually does not identify you; and/or
- information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website or App, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- directly from you when you provide it to us, and
- automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies.
Information You Provide to Us. The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website or App to register to use our Platform or to use our Services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Platform
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Platform (bikes rentals, including dates, times, locations, trip routes, and mileages). You may be required to provide payment information, such as credit card number, expiration, authorization number or security code, delivery address and billing information before placing an order through our Platform.
- Your search queries on the Website.
You may also provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, "posted") on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, "User Contributions"). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies. As you navigate through and interact with our Platform, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, use of the App and of the Service, including traffic data, location data, usage logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Platform.
- Information about your computer, mobile device and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, browser type, mobile network information, and the device's telephone number.
- The App also may access metadata and other information associated with other files stored on your device. This may include, for example, photographs, audio and video clips, personal contacts, and address book information.
- The App collects real-time information about the location of your device.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking).
The information we collect automatically may include personal information, or we may maintain this information or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. The collection of automatic information helps us to improve our Platform and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Platform according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Platform.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Website, the App and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not control these third parties' tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Platform and its contents to you.
- To improve the quality of the Service we offer to the public.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Platform or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- For behavioral advertising and direct marketing purposes, from us or third parties to whom we disclose the information
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties' goods and services that may be of interest to you.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers' target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by the Company about our Platform users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For data analysis and statistical elaboration, by us or third parties to which the information is disclosed.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We do not offer the possibility to opt out from the above uses of your information. IF YOU DO NOT WISH THAT YOUR INFORMATION BE USED OR DISCLOSED AS DESCRIBED ABOVE, DO NOT USE THE PLATFORM NOR SUBMIT ANY OF YOUR INFORMATION.
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our App and Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to our Platform, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted through our Platform. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures adopted by our Platform.